We are proud to offer our certified-organic veggies to the Chicagoland community.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a fun, economical way to buy vegetables and eggs while also supporting your local, certified-organic farmer. Members receive a nutritious, delicious box of vegetables every week (biweekly shares also available). We harvest fresh vegetables every week to ensure the most optimal nutrition! Members can also add on egg shares, fruit shares, and bread & butter shares.
- Thursdays, 4-7pm at the Radical Root Farm Stand in Libertyville (31330 N. IL RT 21)
- Sundays, 10am - 3pm, Logan Square Farmers' market (3107 N. Logan Blvd - outdoor location)
The vegetables in your CSA box are harvested fresh each week. Each season brings different produce.
Spring: tender greens, spring turnips, arugula, lettuce, radishes, spinach, scallions, potatoes
Summer: lettuce, kale, dill, cilantro, broccoli, carrots, beets, tomatoes, Swiss chard, beans, snap peas, spinach, cabbage, kohlrabi, celery, parsley, mustard greens, fennel, Asian greens, radish, turnips, scallions, sweet and hot peppers, basil, summer squash, winter squash, cucumbers, eggplant, leeks, garlic, sweet and storage onions, celery root (celeriac), potatoes
Fall: potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, lettuce, beets, kale, carrots, leeks, onions, garlic, celeriac, spinach, arugula, turnips, storage roots, winter radishes, cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower
VEGGIE SHARE PRICING:
- 3-Season Share (28 weeks, starting May 9): $920
- Spring Share (4 weeks, starting May 9): $135
- Summer Full Share (18 weeks, starting June 6): $615
- Summer Half Share (9 weeks (odd/even), starting June 6): $360
- Fall Share (6 weeks, starting October 10): $205
EGG SHARE - *Available only for Veggie CSA members*
Enjoy hand-picked, farm fresh eggs from our pasture-raised, certified-organic laying hens. Our feed is Certified Organic and soy free. You will receive 1 dozen eggs per week.
- 3-Season Share (28 weeks, starting May 9): $175
- Spring Share (4 weeks, starting May 9): $25
- Summer Full Share (18 weeks, starting June 6): $112.50
- Summer Half Share (9 weeks (odd/even), starting June 6): $56.25
- Fall Share (6 weeks, starting October 10): $37.50
BREAD & BUTTER FRUIT SHARES - *Available only for Veggie CSA members*
Bread and Butter Share - *Only for pickup on the farm, must be a Veggie CSA member*
Join Cacao's Real Bread CSA with your Radical Root CSA! Candice from Cacao is proud to bring truly artisan, handmade, organic bread to Lake County! Most of their breads start with a wild-yeasted sourdough starter and are baked fresh each day. Every Thursday, for 18 weeks, you will receive a loaf of a special baked bread along with a curated recipe and a housemade butter or spread. Just pick up at Radical Root along with your produce!
PRICING: $180 for 18 weeks
FRUIT SHARE- *Available only for Veggie CSA members*
Fruit Share - *Only available as a add-on to the Veggie CSA summer share.*
For 2017, we are introducing an add-on fruit share! We are partnering with Mick Klug of Klug Orchards to bring you delicious, locally grown fruit. The Klug family grows on 40 acres in St. Joseph, Michigan. They are committed to sustainable agriculture and promoting locally-grown produce. They use a growing system called Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Fruit Share: (18 weeks, starting June 6): $340.00
- Summer Bi-Weekly (9 weeks (odd/even), starting June 6 or June 13th): $170